From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kmail composer does not respect langauage selection
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:16:37
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a real bug or just a stupid config error. I suspect
the latter.

kmail-4.2.0 displays mail using the correct language dictionary - English
(South Africa). However, the composer insists on using Afrikaans. If I
select Settings -> SpellChecker and set the default drop-down to English all
is well, but it reverts with the next new mail.

I can find no language selection in kmail -> Settings -> Composer, my
country|region is set to South Africa in systemsettings, the only Languages
that systemsettings offers as choices are British and US English.

I have two Afrikaans dictionaries installed for occasional use:
app-dicts/aspell-af
app-dicts/myspell-af

My LINGUAS="en en_GB en_US en_ZA"
aspell is built with USE="-linguas_af"