From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kmail composer does not respect langauage selection
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:16:37
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm not sure if this is a real bug or just a stupid config error. I suspect
4 the latter.
5
6 kmail-4.2.0 displays mail using the correct language dictionary - English
7 (South Africa). However, the composer insists on using Afrikaans. If I
8 select Settings -> SpellChecker and set the default drop-down to English all
9 is well, but it reverts with the next new mail.
10
11 I can find no language selection in kmail -> Settings -> Composer, my
12 country|region is set to South Africa in systemsettings, the only Languages
13 that systemsettings offers as choices are British and US English.
14
15 I have two Afrikaans dictionaries installed for occasional use:
16 app-dicts/aspell-af
17 app-dicts/myspell-af
18
19 My LINGUAS="en en_GB en_US en_ZA"
20 aspell is built with USE="-linguas_af"
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com