From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] multiple monitor video resolution problem
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 05:47:14
1 Hi all,
2 I have upgraded my old core2 to an i7 on a x58 gigabyte MB. Lots
3 faster .... but I am still using my older nvidia card (GF119 [GeForce GT
4 610] Nouveau driver), storage and original gentoo install.
5
6 The problem is that I have two monitors - a 1920x1080 on DVI and a
7 1280x1050 on vga. On boot up until logging into the xfce desktop, the
8 1280x1050 resolution dominates. I have changed the boot through to end
9 of the initrd level using grub, and I can overide the X Windowes desktop
10 using xrandr.
11
12 Whats left after logging in is an invisible bounding box of 1280x1050 on
13 the desktop that I cant move icons out of, and the console on the
14 1920x1080 monitor is a 1280x1050 window on the 1920x1080 sized screen :(
15
16 The strange thing is that this all worked perfectly on the old hardware
17 (basicly just a motherboard/memory/powersupply swap with the same
18 videocard and gentoo system)
19
20 Is anyone able to offer suggestions?
21