From: Sascha Lucas <sascha.lucas@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] booting with an lvm2 root. How do I make a working initrd?
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:08:41
1 On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Javier Ubillos wrote:
2
3 > I don't want to use genkernel, but I still want it to work.
4
5 you realy should use genkernel.... it's much easier.
6
7 > mkinitrd --preload md_mod --with=md_mod initrd-2.6.16-gentoo-r9
8
9 well you should not use mkinitrd, if you refuse genkernel :-).
10 btw: md-mod is RAID (multiple devs), LVM is dm-mod (dev mapper).
11
12 > In conclusion:
13 > how do I get/make a working initrd so I can boot with my lvm2 root?
14
15 that's much work to do it your self.... start building ext2 images or
16 cpio's with static busybox & lvm2 and write your own linuxrc (here you may
17 cheat by looking into linuxrc from genkernel :-)). Don't forget to create
18 dev-files and to include some modules.
19
20 Sascha.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list