From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Choice of MUA
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 18:27:07
1 On Wednesday 10 Aug 2016 13:36:39 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:01:10 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > This week I tried Claws-mail. Creating and populating an MH folder
4 > > structure for it from my KMail directory were easy, and it looked as
5 > > though it would make a good alternative to KMail. But I can't do
6 > > anything without the mouse! And scrolling operates in the message list
7 > > instead of the message.
8 >
9 > The cursor keys scroll the message list. Use Return to scroll the message
10 > a line at a time, space for a page at a time. Add shift to scroll up.
11 >
12 > Use tab to switch active panes. Keyboard control is, for me, the weakest
13 > point of Claws, but it is a lot better than you think.
14
15 When the curse of Kmail2 was released upon us I migrated to Claws in the hope
16 that it would work for me. I gave it a month and a half, then went back to
17 Kmail, for the same frustrations Peter shared.
18
19 Peter, I recall you being a long term sufferer of Kmail2 problems, which I do
20 not experience here. Have you tried running a stand alone SQL? I am running
21 postgresql and things have been quite uneventful since I made the switch.
24 Regards,
25 Mick