From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playsound . . . won't!
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:30:32
1 On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 18:27 +0100, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 17 September 2007, Mike Williams wrote:
3 > > On Monday 17 September 2007 15:33:54 Mick wrote:
4 > > > This is how I understood that is should work too. If for what ever
5 > > > reason it doesn't rebuild the above packages itself, it should either say
6 > > > why (e.g. keyword masked, Blocked, not in portage, etc.) and, or pass it
7 > > > on to me to emerge/unmerge manually as required. I thought that
8 > > > invariably this is how portage behave, hence this thread to resolve my
9 > > > confusion. Are we in agreement that there is something wrong on this
10 > > > occasion - should I file a bug? Or a 'feature request? Or wait until it
11 > > > happens again?
12 > >
13 > > Reading the full output you posted, I suspect I see the problem.
14 > > # revdep-rebuild -X -p -v
15 > > should be
16 > > # revdep-rebuild -X -- -p -v
17 > >
18 > > The revdep-rebuild help doesn't say it does anything with a -p arguement to
19 > > itself, but it may well do. The -- is a separator between revdep-rebuild
20 > > arguements, and arguements it passes to emerge.
21 >
22 > Hmm, I believe that I tried it without the -p -v, just with the -X and the
23 > result was the same. I think that the confusion arose from the multi-slotted
24 > media-plugins/gst-plugins-oss.
25
26 Actually revdep-rebuild -X is broken in the current stable version.
27 Until I get gentoolkit-0.2.4 stable, your choices are to either run the
28 unstable version of gentoolkit (gentoolkit-0.2.4_pre7 right now) or grab
29 the patch from bug #169761
30 <http://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=113125> and apply it to your
31 version of revdep-rebuild.
32