From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox and script block tool/addon
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:52:50
1 Howdy,
2
3 I use Firefox and have a issue with scripts on some sites.  I have
4 noscript installed and for the most part, it works.  That said, there is
5 times when it doesn't do what I need.  It seems, from what I can find
6 anyway, that you can either allow scripts or not allow scripts but can't
7 pick and choose.  For example.  Let's say I'm on abc.com and I need some
8 scripts to run but want to block other scripts.  With noscript, I either
9 allow all from a site or none.  What I'd like to find is a script block
10 tool that will list all the scripts and allow me to block some but allow
11 others.  Believe it or not, I use to use adblock, a much older version,
12 to do this.  I'd tell adblock to list all the objects, sort them by type
13 and then go through the scripts until I find the magic settings that
14 allows the site to work but not run scripts I don't want.
15
16 I've installed and tried quite a few script block tools but none of them
17 seem to do what I want to do.  I've even tried a few addons that only
18 had a very few users, just hoping it would do this.  Has anyone ever
19 seen a script block tool, or some other tool with a different name, that
20 works this way?  I need a addon that allows me to refine and be
21 selective on what scripts run and which ones are blocked.
22
23 Thanks much to all.
24
25 Dale