From: T ed Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS remote printing drives me crazy
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 20:18:02
1 On 18-09-12 06:50 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'd like to install a very simple configuration but fail (CUPS is my
4 > most hated software)
5 >
6 > I have two machines on a local network (i.e., I don't need any fancy
7 > security mechanisms)
8 >
9 > On one machine - called SERVER - I have a USB printer which works just
10 > fine with CUPS.
11 > I've tried to make it "shared". This printer has the name USB_printer.
12 >
13 > On the other machine, which has no physical printer itself, I just
14 > want to add a remote printer which
15 > uses  USB_printer on the SERVER.
16 >
17 > If I try to configure this remote printer, my first problem is its
18 > name (URL)
19 > I've tried  ipp://SERVER:631/printers/USB_printer  but when I try to
20 > print to it,
21 > I always get "printer cannot be located"
22 >
23 > Would anybody be so kind to share (the relevant parts) of his/her
24 > cupsd.conf on the server as well as
25 > on the client?
26 >
27 > Any hints are more than welcome,
28 > Helmut
32 This is what I have on the server side. My second computer is in another
33 room via wifi and the third a raspberry-pi 2 on wifi. I used web
34 interface to configure both.
37 Ted Ozolins
38 Cranbrook, BC

cupsd.conf text/plain