From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Chrony-2.2 failing
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:49:19
1 Hello list,
2
3 Chrony has been upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.2 this week. The new version seems
4 to run just fine on this amd64 box, but on my x86 Atom box it fails to start
5 thus:
6
7 # /etc/init.d/chronyd start
8 * Starting chronyd ...
9 * start-stop-daemon: caught an interrupt
10 * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/chronyd died
11 * Failed to start chronyd [ !! ]
12 * ERROR: chronyd failed to start
13
14 This is after adjusting the config files. Has anyone else stumbled into
15 this?
16
17 What's more, earlier versions had a decent man page and heavily commented
18 chronyd.conf, but now the chrony.conf man page has been cut to a bare
19 minimum and instead refers to a file chrony.txt "included in the
20 distribution". I cannot find any such file after running ebuild $(equery w
21 chrony) prepare.
24 Rgds
25 Peter