From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Has xorg or something changed?
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:24:05
1 On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:58:52 +0000
2 Stewart Taylor <stewarta.taylor@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi all
5 >
6 > A while ago I set up a twin monitor system using two graphics cards.
7 > All worked fine until I carried out an update. During the update I
8 > noticed that a lot of X11 files were updated but thought nothing of
9 > it. When I restarted, the second monitor refused to work. Running
10 > Xorg -configure showed that both cards were detected but only the
11 > monitor connected to the AGP card was detected. I finally got it
12 > working again after changing the BIOS to treat the PCI card as the
13 > primary display instead of the AGP card. I've tried various
14 > combinations of AGP and PCI cards but always with the same result.
15 > Last week I carried out a complete reinstall ( not to solve this by
16 > the way) and it is still the same so I assume that something must
17 > have changed but I have no idea what. Anyone got any ideas on this.
18 >
19 > TIA
20 >
21 > Stewart
22 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-527546-highlight-.html
23 i was talking to somebody about that on the forums.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list