From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to automate HTML ---> pdf
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:50:50
1 On 2008-01-29, felix@×××××××.com <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I don't think so. What I think is odd is that you can't just say
4 >>
5 >> $ konqueror http://url.com/page.html --output page.pdf
6 >>
7 >> It seems like a common enough thing to want to do.
8
9 It's not that uncommon amon users. It appears it's just not
10 something the _devs_ want to do.
11
12 > I was astounded to not find such an option in either firefox or
13 > konqueror.
14
15 Many people have been requesting that feature for _8_years_ in
16 the case of mozilla. There are literally dozens of bugs filed
17 requesting this feature. It gets tossed back and forth from one
18 dev to another for a while, then somebody sets to the lowest
19 possible priority (IOW, put on the "no, we're not going to do
20 it, but we won't admit it" list). After that, everybody just
21 sort of ignores it until somebody files yet another dup bug
22 requesting it. Apparenty the developers don't have any need for
23 the feature, so the requests just get ignored.
24
25 > Such a simple idea, and no way to do it. It really surprised
26 > me.
27
28 Here's your chance. Add the feature to Firefox. ;)
29
30 Or pay somebody else to...
33 Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. Everything
34 at is....FLIPPING AROUND!!
35 visi.com
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list