From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] list of kernel modules
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 16:11:42
1 On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Todd Goodman <tsg@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > * Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> [120406 11:40]:
3 > [..]
4 >> To me it looks safe to emerge -C kmod and then emerge
5 >> module-init-tools if you want to go that way. I'd do an equery files
6 >> kmod and carefully study what you're getting with that package, or
7 >> else push a bug request up to that package maintainer for providing a
8 >> modprobe that's not 100% compatible.
9 >>
10 >> Good luck,
11 >> Mark
12 >
13 > udev-182-r2 and dracut depend on kmod.
14 >
15 > So if the OP hasn't masked them then he needs kmod.
16 >
17 > Todd
20 I have the newer udev masked, but I do have dracut installed and don't
21 need kmod here.
22
23 My system is _mostly_ stable, not ~amd64, so possibly that's part of the issue.
24
25 - Mark