From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Samba wants to downgrade my python....
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:36:41
1 On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:59:33 +0800, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2
3 > I've had a look at the USE variables for the packages
4 > that follow Python in the emerge list and they either don't want python
5 > or already have "-python" set.
6
7 You've already had a reply about the slotted nature of python, but you
8 also need to understand that USE flags are not dependency lists. USE
9 flags cover optional features, if a package has an option python module,
10 bindings or scripts, a USE flag may determine whether they are installed.
11 But if a package needs python2, no amount of fudging with USE flags will
12 change that fact.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Programmer (n): A red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing
19 with inanimate objects.