From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: fetch restriction bypass
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 01:41:55
1 On 04/30/2012 02:45 PM, James wrote:
2 > Michael Orlitzky <michael <at> orlitzky.com> writes:
5 >> You'll have to script something.
8 I gave this a serious shot, but it's not easy.
9
10 First, you can override the ebuild environment:
11
12 $ cat /etc/portage/bashrc
13 if [ "${EBUILD_PHASE}" == "clean" ] && [ "${PN}" == "sun-jdk" ]; then
14 ...
15
16 You can parse out the important stuff from the ebuild. This sets JDK_URI
17 to the value contained in the ebuild:
18
19 eval `"${GREP}" JDK_URI= "${EBUILD}"`
20
21 And you can even parse the URL out of the HTML file pretty easily with a
22 regular expression. But, unfortunately, they're checking for cookies:
23
24 $ wget http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u31-b04/jdk-
25 6u31-linux-x64.bin
26 ...
27 HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Moved Temporarily
28 Location: http://download.oracle.com/errors/download-fail-1505220.html
29
30 And, the cookies don't get set in a normal HTTP request. So you can't
31 just `curl $JDK_URI` and save the cookies.
32
33 It looks like the URL that sets the cookies is created by that
34 javascript lightbox code, so you need to be able to evaluate JS, get
35 that URL, hit the page, and save its cookies before you're allowed to
36 download the file.
37
38 Finally, the cookies are dynamic, and not something like let_me_in=True.
39 So maybe it's still possible, but scp is looking a lot better right now.