From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Print options in Okular, QpdfView missing
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:41:46
1 On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:47:23 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I noticed that the above two applications either do not have all the
4 > options that used to be available in the past, or what is available
5 > when I select File/Print does not take effect when selected. For
6 > example, if I select in Okular to print in Greyscale, it will ignore it
7 > and print in Colour. In the past more options were available and were
8 > effective.
9
10 I've just tried printing in greyscale from Okular and got colour output,
11 so it seems to be the same here. I've no idea ho long it's been like that.
12
13 > In LibreOffice, Firefox, et al. no such problems exist.
14
15 I occasionally print in greyscale from LO and it works as expected there.
16
17 > Users can
18 > change options in a terminal with lpoptions, but when using GUI based
19 > apps this becomes annoying. I am currently running:
20 >
21 > kde-apps/okular-16.12.3
22 > app-text/qpdfview-0.4.16
23 > dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.6.2
24 > kde-apps/print-manager-16.12.3
25 > app-admin/system-config-printer-1.4.8
26
27 Different versions here but same results
28
29 % qlist -ICv okular qpdfview qtprintsupport print-manager system-config-printer
30 app-admin/system-config-printer-1.4.8
31 dev-qt/qtprintsupport-5.7.1
32 kde-apps/okular-17.04.2
33 kde-apps/print-manager-17.04.2
37 Neil Bothwick
38
39 Windows95 - crash compatible on Windows 3.x