From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 17:45:55
1 What protocol doesn't use acknowledgements?
4 On 2020-01-18 14:50, Wols Lists wrote:
5 > On 16/01/20 21:01, james wrote:
6 >> On 1/13/20 3:24 AM, n952162 wrote:
7 >>> On 2020-01-12 16:48, james wrote:
8 >>>> I also install and re-install, as many of the gentoo systems get
9 >>>> "attacked" before I can� complete a secure install, or the hackers
10 >>>> just read much more than I do.
11 >>>> I guess I'm still popular, in very negative way.
12 >>>
13 >>> Hmmm.� Is that "attacked" to be interpreted in some sort of
14 >>> metaphorical
15 >>> way or do you mean really hacked over the internet? May I ask how, and
16 >>> how do you know?� What's involved in a secure install?
17 >>
18 >> Monitor your connection, with a system setup that the ethernet does not
19 >> responds to any sort of request. The system just collects and log. NO,
20 >> I'm not documenting how to do this, but various ways exist, documented
21 >> on the internet to make *most* ethernet interface to where they are
22 >> *one-direction* only. HOW you achieve this? There are a myriad of ways.
23 >>
24 >> Good Hunting and *never* tell anyone how *you* do this....
25 >>
26 > If you're handy with an ethernet crimping tool, just cut the TX wires
27 > and put the interface into promiscuous mode ...
28 >
29 > Just be aware that - routers especially - can swap TX and RX so they
30 > could possibly get round that.
31 >
32 > Cheers,
33 > Wol