From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help with world update
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:20:11
1 Something thinks it needs it. Check out the depends with equery and see what it tells you.
2 >
3 > From: Ognjen Bezanov <ognjen@×××××××××.com>
4 > Date: 2005/12/06 Tue PM 06:32:56 EST
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Help with world update
7 >
8 > Hello, I am running a emerge -u world and there is a package
9 > (realplayer) that keeps failing the build due to an error in package
10 > retrieval.
11 >
12 > My first question is why is portage trying to emerge this package as I
13 > do not have it installed in the first place ( I had it once a while ago,
14 > then it was unmerged) and my second is how tell portage not to emerge
15 > the package.
16 >
17 > I'm presuming that there was an error during the unmerging such that
18 > portage still thinks the package is installed, what can I do to fix this?
21 > Thanks.
22 >
23 > --
24 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list