From: Hendrik Boom <hendrik@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Do Debian's 2.6.18 problems exist in gentoo?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:50:29
1 I'm in the process of installing gentoo now, in the hope of getting it to
2 work more reliably (and more up-to-date) than Debian. Debian's 2.6.18-3
3 kernel includes backported msync-optimising patches from 2.19 that don't
4 work properly and have the effect of sometimes causing serious file-system
5 damage. (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=401006 if
6 you're curious about gory details).
7
8 What I was wondering was whether a similar misfortune has befallen
9 gentoo's 2.6.18 kernel, or whether gentoo's kernel developers have just
10 left the 2.6.19 patches in 2.6.19.
11
12 Maybe I'm being silly asking about this, but I have become paranoid about
13 severe file system damage.
14
15 -- hendrik
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list