From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd seems to have broken logwatch
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 11:45:50
1 On Thursday, May 22, 2014 04:54:45 AM covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. I am having a strange problem running under systemd since Monday.
3 > I use logwatch to get nice summaries of things going on in the system,
4 > it gives me once a day summaries of such things. When running under
5 > openrc, I used to get a summary of sshd activity, so I could see the
6 > failed logins and the users that actually logged in via ssh. I was
7 > using the sysklogd package and am still using it, although I had to
8 > listen on a different socket. But now the sshd entries are totally gone
9 > and I wonder how to get them back? For instance, I am no longer
10 > getting the accepted public key messages anywhere.
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13
14 Did you configure logwatch to read from systemd (not sure if this is possible)
15 or systemd to write the logs to sysklogd?
16
17 Systemd uses it's own binary format for the logging by default.
20 Joost