From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to fix a hefty (emerge) blocking problem
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:54:30
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Just install the latest portage. It has a block breaking
4 > function. Then upgrade e2fsprogs like described a few douzend times
5 > on this ml and in the forums. Remove all the acient video drivers
6 > you don't need anyway. After that, most blocks should be gone.
7
8 Thanks again, and it appears to be working with at least `system' at
9 this moment. After cleaning up the x11 drivers, and emerge -C 7-8
10 things I really don't need anymore. Even with a blocker in there, the
11 emerge is running along just like you said it would.... nice.
12
13 Hopefully the world part may be as easy too. I was really reluctant
14 to take too this mess but with yours, Andreys', Dirks', Marks' and
15 Dans' input it appears I may get this done by tomorrow.
16
17 All and all, much easier than my first thought of building up a fresh
18 gentoo install somewhere else and using that to overwrite my current
19 install.