From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:52:14
1 Matt Harrison wrote:
2 > Heiko Nock wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 09:46:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
4 >>
5 >>>> I've just read your outdated page
6 >>> It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible
7 >>> development
8 >>> in cdrkit.
9 >>
10 >> Not visible to you. cdrkit-1.1.8 at http://cdrkit.org/releases/ is
11 >> dated 25.05.2008. It would be prudent for them to bring their website
12 >> up-to-date, though.
13 >>
14 >>> So I asume that they did not add new bugs.
15 >>
16 >> Maybe you should assume less and research more.
17 >>
18 >>>> <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you
19 >>>> listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
20 >>>> they'd affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just
21 >>>> features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
22 >>>> have since you wrote that page).
23 >>> This is obviously FUD: Just because you don't already know that you
24 >>> are affected does not mean that you are not affected.
25 >>
26 >> Of course not. Even the linux-kernel mailing-list hasn't seen your
27 >> light, yet.
28 >>
29 >>> It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
30 >>> won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
31 >>> structure.
32 >>
33 >> It would be fun if you would finally stop trolling forums, newsgroups
34 >> and mailing-lists and keep your FUD and ego problems to yourself. You
35 >> obviously take it as a personal insult that cdrtools was snubbed by
36 >> some distributions and that somebody else is working on a replacement.
37 >> Your constant ridicule and insults of a project you shouldn't care
38 >> about at all is very telling, considering the alleged superiority of
39 >> your own project.
40 >>
41 >> Thankfully, the GPL allows forks to eventually get rid of project
42 >> leaders like you.
45 > I think it would be in everyone's best interests if we let this thread
46 > die now, I've been reading this thread for the past 2 or 3 days and
47 > frankly, it doesn't seem to be bringing anything of use to the ML.
48 >
49 > I don't want to get involved or takes anyone's side, but maybe the more
50 > mature readers can just let it go :) I doubt anyone will miss any
51 > benefit of this thread continuing.
52 >
53 > Just want to help keep this list with its feet on the ground :)
54 >
55 > --
56 > Matt
57
58 Sorry, maybe my reply was actually destined for the "CD ROM does not
59 play audio CD's" thread, but I think it goes for both.
60
61 *hides under a stone*
64 Matt
65 --