From: Steve <gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Syslog-ng using a spectacular amount of CPU time... (I'm using sshguard)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:50:18
1 Steve wrote:
2 > Do others get this behaviour - is this a bug in syslog-ng?
3
4 Sorry for the multiple posts... a slight error on my part. The sshguard
5 process wasn't running - a /bin/sh process trying to spawn it was
6 running (there was no link from /usr/local... to the binary) and when
7 the binary failed to execute - syslog-ng got itself into a tiz.
8 Everything seems to work fine when I correct the path to the program.
9
10 Problem solved - but, I guess, this is a flaw in syslog-ng... I'd have
11 hoped it would generate an error message rather than behave as it did.