From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrony-2.2 failing
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:18:27
1 On 19/11/2015 12:49, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > Chrony has been upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.2 this week. The new version seems
5 > to run just fine on this amd64 box, but on my x86 Atom box it fails to start
6 > thus:
7 >
8 > # /etc/init.d/chronyd start
9 > * Starting chronyd ...
10 > * start-stop-daemon: caught an interrupt
11 > * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/chronyd died
12 > * Failed to start chronyd [ !! ]
13 > * ERROR: chronyd failed to start
14 >
15 > This is after adjusting the config files. Has anyone else stumbled into
16 > this?
17 >
18 > What's more, earlier versions had a decent man page and heavily commented
19 > chronyd.conf, but now the chrony.conf man page has been cut to a bare
20 > minimum and instead refers to a file chrony.txt "included in the
21 > distribution". I cannot find any such file after running ebuild $(equery w
22 > chrony) prepare.
26 Doe sit fail consistently? IOW, now that everything else has settled
27 down, does "/etc/init.d/chrony start" still fail?
28
29 What about logs?
30 If none, you can inspect the start-stop-daemon line in the init file,
31 get the command line it launches chrony with, and see what that prints
32 to the console.
35 Alan McKinnon
36 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com