From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slocate's index
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 11:40:17
1 On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 12:02 +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I would like to know if there is a package, daemon or whatever that
5 > automatically updates an index to seach the file system.
6 >
7 > I'm a bit tired of slocate -u [wait 5min] every time I emerge something.
8
9 slocate already has such a "feature" (so long as you have cron
10 installed)
11
12 /etc/cron.daily/slocate
13
14 contains instructions for updating the database, using updatedb. Move
15 it to /etc/cron.weekly or whatever if you want.
20 No one can feel as helpless as the owner of a sick goldfish.
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list