From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Video cataloging software
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:12:01
1 > > > > Does anyone know of software that will catalog videos like banshee or
2 > > > > rhythmbox catalogs music? Preferrably something that can launch
3 > > > > mplayer for playback. Does this exist?
4 > > > >
5 > > > > - Grant
6 > > >
7 > > > For short home clips, like those taken with a digital camera, or for
8 > > > store-bought movies on DVD?
9 > >
10 > > I'm looking for something to organize store-bought movies on DVD which
11 > > are backed up on my hard drive. MythTV does a good job, I believe,
12 > > but I don't want that entire interface.
13 > >
14 > > - Grant
17 > You might want to look at:
18 > http://griffith.vasconunes.net/
19 > and
20 > http://www.periapsis.org/tellico/
21
22 I was surprised to find that griffith offers no functionality for
23 actually launching a movie. It's only a collection manager.
24
25 - Grant
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list