From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can I resize /dev/shm on the fly?
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 18:47:44
1 I was using a chroot, and I bind-mounted the chroot's /dev and /proc
2 and /sys on top of the host machine's directories. Bad idea... I now
3 have a 10 megabyte /dev/shm on the host. Is it possible to resize
4 /dev/shm to approx 1 gigabyte without rebooting?
5
6 And how do I set up a working /dev and /proc and /sys on the chroot
7 separately to avoid this in future? I need /proc/cpuinfo because I have
8 a build script in the chroot that checks the number of cores, and sets
9 makeopts accordingly. Also I need /dev/null.
12 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications