From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] meaning of (-clutter) in an emerge USE list
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 18:55:15
1 On Wednesday 01 June 2011 14:25:50 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
2 > In /etc/portage/package.use I have
3 >
4 > # Need these or for some games
5 > gnome-extra/gnome-games clutter opengl
6 >
7 > But when I try to emerge gnome-games, I don't get clutter
8 >
9 > [ebuild R ] gnome-extra/gnome-games-2.30.2-r1 USE="guile opengl
10 > -artworkextra (-clutter) -test" 0 kB
11 >
12 > I know that the (-clutter) means that the clutter flag has been removed,
13 > but I can't see why it is removed. Indeed the ebuild specifically warns
14 > me that disabling clutter means certain games are not built.
15 >
16 > thanks,
17 > allan
18
19 have you looked at the ebuild? There is probably no clutter option and it is
20 always forced on.
21
22 Would be fitting with the gnome mindset: choices are bad. Options are bad.