From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kppp and two different accounts
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:33:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:09:01 -0600, Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
5 >>find <directory> -name '*' -exec fgrep -l <search phrase> \{\} \;
6 >>
7 >>This search all files for the search phrase.
10 > Using find with a separate call to grep for each seems a slow way to do
11 > things. What's wrong with fgrep -r ?
12 >
13 > fgrep -lr 'search phrase' directory
16 As it turns out, nothing! I was aware of fgrep but had never checked it
17 out. Is simpler and, it seems, a little faster than the find invocation.
18
19 Thanks Neil, time to modify my tips file.
20
21 Tony
24 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
25 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
26 -- Benjamin Franklin
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list