From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 10, 100, or 1000mbps uplink?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:24:58
1 On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 13:48, Grant<emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm about to sign up for a new remote dedicated system and I'm
3 > wondering if I should spring for the 100mbps or 1000mbps uplink
4 > upgrades from 10mbps?  Is there a test I can run to find out?  I'm
5 > running a lightweight website with maybe 300-400 visitors/day.
8 Most providers will have some sort of tools to monitor your traffic.
9 Go for 10Mbps, and if you notice slowdown, or the mentioned tools
10 report bandwidth problems, upgrade... My guess is 10Mbps is a lot for
11 300-400 unique hits per day, but if you serve downloads too, then you
12 may have problems in the future, as Kyle said...
15 Daniel da Veiga