From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Looking for other Seamonkey users
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 22:18:09
1 Howdy,
2
3 As some may know, I use Seamonkey for several things.  Mostly for email
4 but using it for email leads to it being used for other things, like
5 clicking links in email and viewing the page in Seamonkey.  I tried
6 switching to Thunderbird, which is supposed to be about the same thing
7 but I didn't like it at all.  It's different and in a bad way.
8
9 Thing is, some sites are no longer working as they should.  It seems
10 with each upgrade, Seamonkey has more issues with things not working
11 correctly.  I might add, most add-ons, adblock being a big one, no
12 longer work.  They haven't had updates in ages.  With all this, it makes
13 me wonder if Seamonkey is still viable or if it is something I have set
14 wrong.  Is anyone else who uses Seamonkey noticing the same problems
15 with add-ons and sites not working right?  I may start trying to make a
16 list of sites that don't work right. Maybe someone else can see what it
17 does for them.  I know my financial sites act weird but without login
18 info, no way to really test those.  I might add, it seems that sites
19 with security measures are the ones with the most issues.  I use Firefox
20 for most things now.  I have different profiles and even use containers
21 to help secure things.  I really wish I liked Thunderbird and could use
22 that and Firefox to replace Seamonkey.  Sadly, Thunderbird just isn't
23 for me last I checked.
24
25 This is my Seamonkey info:
28 [ebuild     U ~] www-client/seamonkey-2.53.7::gentoo
29 [2.53.7_beta1::gentoo] USE="chatzilla dbus gmp-autoupdate ipc roaming
30 startup-notification system-av1 system-harfbuzz system-icu system-jpeg
31 system-libevent system-libvpx system-sqlite -crypt -custom-cflags
32 -custom-optimization -debug -jack (-lto) -minimal (-neon) -pulseaudio
33 (-selinux) -test -wifi" L10N="-cs -de -en-GB -es-AR -es-ES -fr -hu -it
34 -ja -lt -nl -pl -pt-PT -ru -sk -sv -zh-CN -zh-TW"
38 Anyone else seeing this or am I the only Gentoo user using Seamonkey?
39
40 Thanks.
41
42 Dale