From: Fabian Steiner <lists@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Kjell Magne Fauske <kjellmf@×××××.com>, pgf-users@×××××××××××××××××.net
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [Pgf-users] Tikz - gnuplot: Plotting a function with asymptotes
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:08:31
1 On Friday 12 October 2007 15:25:55 Kjell Magne Fauske wrote:
2 > [...]
3 > TikZ only reads the first two columns. The third column indicates if
4 > the value is in range (i) or out of range (o). To get a correct plot,
5 > TikZ should avoid plotting values with the o flag set, and insert a
6 > moveto operation when an i flag is encountered. This is definitely a
7 > valid feature request. I don't know how hard it is to implement this
8 > behavior though.
9
10 That's the exact problem, you are right. I now filed a feature request [1] and
11 hope that a solution is found in the near future. Unfortunately, I can not
12 contribute some work on my own as I am not familiar with latex and pgf
13 internals but a mere user.
14
15 Thanks for your help,
16 Fabian