From: Hartmut Figge <h.figge@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LiveDVD-11.0 questions
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 14:35:19
1 Greetings,
2
3 | Keep in mind that Gentoo is a rolling release distribution, so the
4 | LiveDVD is primarily a means to check out if Gentoo is something for
5 | you, or just to quickly check out a different desktop environment
6 | than in your installation, etc.
7
8 Well, how to select these different desktop environments? :)
9
10 I'm thrown to KDE without a possibilty to choose another one except if
11 using the boot parameter nox, in which case i can use startxfce4.
12
13 Furthermore, connecting to my ISP would require the package rp-pppoe
14 which had to be emerged first. To do that an existing connection is
15 necessary... *g*
16
17 Hartmut
18 --