From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pay for a hardened VM image
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 03:56:44
1 On Mar 4, 2012 8:13 AM, "Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike)" <
2 klondike@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > El 04/03/12 01:26, Michael Orlitzky escribió:
5 > > On 03/03/2012 03:21 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
6 > >> On 2012-03-02 3:51 PM, Tanstaafl<tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
7 > >>> Would anyone here be interested in being paid to create a hardened VM
8 > >>> image for me that will run on a Microsoft Hyper-V host?
9 > >>>
10 > >>> If so, what would you be willing to do this for?
11 > >>>
12 > >>> Feel free to email me directly...
13 > >>
14 > >> No one has a template they can use to simply clone me a ready to go
15 > >> hardened VM?
16 > >>
17 > >> Or interested in earning a little money?
18 > >>
19 > >
20 > > It's probably the "Microsoft Hyper-V" part that's scaring people away.
21 > Or maybe he should just ask on gentoo-hardened where many other users
22 > including paid ones roam.
23 > > You can do a hardened install in a few hours with KVM or VirtualBox,
24 > > but I don't want to,
25 > This depends on how you define hardened, there are some known issues
26 > involving hardening and virtualization.
29 Or gentoo-server. After all, Hyper-V is currently aimed for server
30 environs, so the server guys should have better ideas.
31
32 (disclosure: I'm a server guy, but unfortunately have no experience at all
33 with Hyper-V; my infrastructure runs exclusively on Xen)
34
35 Rgds,