From: zless <zless@×××××.site>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 05:10:17
1 În ziua de duminică, 18 februarie 2018, la 20:09:33 EET, Neil Bothwick a scris:
2 > I mount the sysrescd ISO and copy these files to /boot/sysrescd
3 >
4 > initram.igz
5 > rescue64
6 > sysrcd.dat
7 > sysrcd.md5
8 > version
9 >
10 > The entry for systemd-boot is
11 >
12 > title System Rescue Cd 5.2.0
13 > version 5.2.0
14 > linux /sysrescd/rescue64
15 > options subdir=sysrescd setkmap=uk rootpass=XXX
16 > initrd /sysrescd/initram.igz
19 Wow, thank you or this. I wouldn't have thought to do it.
20
21 I was about to give up because I found the culprit:
22 full disk encryption (including /boot).
23
24 The way I see it: grub will ask for the password and will load the kernel
25 but after that the bootup scripts won't account that the iso is hidden inside
26 a luks container.
27
28 On top of that my nvme disk is not seen in the busybox recovery shell
29 in order to try to manually mount the encrypted container.
30 I think the nvme things are modules inside the initrd and
31 that doesn't get loaded.
32
33 Anyway back to work for another day thanks to your suggestion ;)