From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to prevent emacs from installing v24?
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:59:14
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 22:28:55 +0300, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Actually, you should be able to mask just the virtual, because
5 >>> everything that needs emacs should depend on the virtual, not a
6 >>> particular implementation.
7 >> But if one uses emacs as their main text editor, I suppose something
8 >> will be in the world file, and *that* should be a specific
9 >> implementation, not virtual/*, right?
10 > Yes, and in that case just edit your world file to specify
11 > app-editors/emacs:23, which is what I added to stop 23 being depcleaned
12 > until I was happy with 24.
13 >
14 > Not that you need to actually edit the file these days
15 >
16 > emerge --deselect app-editors/emacs
17 > emerge --noreplace app-editors/emacs:23
18 >
19 > will do nicely.
24 I have noticed I have to add select y to your last command. Is it just
25 me? I notice you didn't have that on yours. Just got to ask.
26
27 Dale
28
32 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!