From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey automatic email download after switch to Oauth2
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 18:59:26
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > Early this morning Seamonkey could no longer fetch emails.  It wouldn't
5 > accept the username and password.  I did some searching and it seems
6 > that Google is disabling plain text username and password.  Honestly,
7 > sounds like a good idea really.  During my searches, most recommended
8 > OAuth2 so I switched to it.  I'd never heard of it before but dove in
9 > head first.  Turns out, easy enough.  When I hit Get Msgs after changing
10 > the settings, it asked for the password and it started downloading
11 > emails.  My first thought, yeppie!!
12 >
13 > After a while, I noticed it wasn't downloading new emails
14 > automatically.  I have it set to check for new messages every 10 minutes
15 > or so.  I had to hit the Get Msgs button each time.  I'd prefer it to do
16 > it automatically.  I tried restarting Seamonkey and even changing the
17 > settings for doing it automatically, in case a config file needed
18 > updating after the switch, still doesn't do it automatically.  I'm
19 > attaching a screenshot of the settings.
20 >
21 > Does using OAuth2 disable automatically fetching messages or am I
22 > missing some other setting?  It worked fine until I switched to OAuth2
23 > so I don't know what else it could be.  Is there something better than
24 > OAuth2 that gmail supports?  I just picked the first option I found.
25 >
26 > Thoughts??
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
30 > :-)  :-)
33 I was hoping a update to Seamonkey would fix this issue.  It was just a
34 bug and would be fixed.  Well, I updated the other day and it still
35 doesn't fetch email until I tell it to.  I've tested this numerous
36 times.  It just plain doesn't fetch on its own anymore.
37
38 Anyone have ideas on how to fix this.  If anyone needs more info, just
39 let me know.  I'll either attach the text or a picture if it is a menu
40 type thing that can't be copied.
41
42 Thanks.
43