From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 18:22:01
1 >> > Did you try cdda2wav and cdrecord?
2 >> >
3 >> > The CUE format interpreter in cdrdao is known to be incomplete.
4 >>
5 >> How would you go about figuring out which file to patch to update toc2cue?
6 >
7 > I wrote the parser for cdrecord and it works for all cases I know.
8 > Make sure to use the offocial cdrtools sources.....
9 >
10 > You seem to be interested in _creating_ cue sheet files.
11 >
12 > Why do you like to create a cue file anyway?
13 >
14 > Cdda2wav splits the data at the right location and it icludes the paranoia code.
15
16 I read a comparison where somebody ripped a CD with cdrdao and a
17 couple other tools and then burned the images back to CDs and compared
18 the CDs, and cdrdao was the only one that ended up with being
19 indistinguishable from the original as reported by the tool he used.
20
21 I want to create a cue file because it's required for converting the
22 CD image to FLAC with the flac command. I'm actually not interested
23 in burning CDs, FLAC files only.
24
25 - Grant