From: Matthias Bethke <Matthias.Bethke@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I format correctly a FAT floppy?
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:52:31
1 Hi Michael,
2 on Monday, 2005-08-29 at 16:51:54, you wrote:
3 > Using fdisk to check the partition table of a FAT floppy gave me this output:
4 > [gibberish]
5
6 That's because fdisk tries to interpret the data it finds as a partition
7 table, but actually there is none. Floppies aren't supposed to be
8 partitioned, although for the sake of doing it you could under Linux.
9 Just use mtools as the others have suggested, or simply "mkfs.msdos
10 /dev/fdX".
11
12 Regards
13 Matthias
14 --
15 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: 90CF8389
16 Fingerprint: 8E 1F 10 81 A4 66 29 46 B9 8A B9 E2 09 9F 3B 91