From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: usb external drive
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 14:40:51
1 On 06/07/07, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > > The wiki says not to use the FUSE module in the kernel, but to emerge it as a
6 > > separate module. I don't think it says anything about not including the
7 > > normal ntfs driver (I'm sure I have it built in mine).
10 > I do not have ntfs support built into the kernels on the 2 gentoo
11 > system where ntfs3g is now working. I simple made the (dir)
12 > set a mount point, put an entry in fstab so it happens automatically
13 > on reboot.
14 >
15 > I manually mounted the drive like this:
16 > ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/windows
17 >
18 > and it works just fine......
19
20 Did you have to re-emerge ntfs-3g with setuid flag for your normal
21 user to be able to mount the ntfs partition for writing?
22
23 Also, I noticed that there is a startup script /etc/init.d/fuse listed
24 under rc-update. What is that for?
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick