From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnome mplayer replacement
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 13:42:30
1 Michael wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 12:50:50 GMT Dale wrote:
3 >> Michael wrote:
4 >>> On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 08:22:46 GMT Dale wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> Does it have a preferences section somewhere? There's a couple things
7 >>> I'd like to change however, it works like you said tho which is a great
8 >>> start. I'd like the bottom part to stay all the time and the little
9 >>> graph thing when I fast forward that shows up, it needs to be gone. If
10 >>> the bottom is always there, I know where I am without that. Usually, a
11 >>> right click gets a menu but on this one, it pauses. I can't find a menu
12 >>> or preferences anywhere.
13 >>>
14 >>> Thanks. Headed in a good direction.
15 >>>
16 >>> Dale
17 >>>
18 >>> :-) :-)
19 >>>
20 >>> Have a look at the mpv man page and the section FILES. You can set your
21 >>> own key bindings in your user directory. For default key bindings:
22 >>>
23 >>> less /usr/share/doc/mpv-*/input.conf.bz2
24 >> Found and adjusted some things. A couple things I still can't find
25 >> tho. When I skip forward or backward, it shows a bar graph thing like
26 >> it does at the bottom that shows the time in the video. If I move
27 >> forward for example, it shows and fills in more of the little bar graph
28 >> thing. It's about 1/3rd of the way up the video. I don't need that
29 >> part. Maybe the name of that setting is what I'm missing??
30 >>
31 >> Also, I'd like the part at the bottom to show all the time. As it is
32 >> now, it only shows if I put the mouse in the video area and move it.
33 >> Once I stop moving the mouse, it disappears. Maybe this is not doable?
34 >> I found this but not quite sure if this is the right thing for either of
35 >> those or I'm setting it wrong.
39 >> # O no-osd cycle-values osd-level 3 1 # cycle through OSD mode
40 >> #o show-progress
41 >> #P show-progress
45 >> In a way, I wish it had the normal File, Edit etc menu like most other
46 >> apps but then again, it does look nice. Still, a preferences menu in
47 >> the GUI would be nifty. I might add tho, smplayer seems to have done
48 >> away with the menu bar at the top too. It still has the menu bar and
49 >> preferences in a GUI tho, right click brings it up.
50 >>
51 >> I also found QMplay2 as well. It doesn't seem to have a way to change
52 >> some settings at all. I found the settings/config/preferences section
53 >> but nothing about mouse and such. So far, it isn't to high on my list.
54 >>
55 >> Thanks.
56 >>
57 >> Dale
58 >>
59 >> :-) :-)
60 > There's a number of GUI front-ends for mpv, but I haven't looked at any of
61 > them. Some may be in portage:
62 >
63 > https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv
66 I'm using the mpv GUI now.  That's what I'm trying to change.  Some
67 things I was able to change with the config file you pointed too.  The
68 ones I mentioned above, I can't figure out how to change those.
69
70 I found one in the list I haven't checked into.  Some aren't in the tree
71 tho.  I'm going to try out those as well.
72
73 Dale
74