From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting distribution name and release version
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:25:39
1 On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:32:03 -0400 Phill MV <hiffyness@×××××.com> wrote:
2 | :\ that sucks.
3 | That just leaves me with one question: is it really legally binding?
4 | Is it actually forseeable that someone might give me a hard time for
5 | say posting such an email verbatim on a website?
6
7 Well... UK financial companies can get in trouble if they don't include
8 such a disclaimer, since they're required to mention the "independent
9 financial advice" nonsense on every communication... It's more likely
10 that there's some silly law out there that means you're in trouble if
11 you don't do it than that anyone actually thinks it'll protect them.
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm