From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nm-applet / vpnc / pptp / openvpn
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:17:53
1 > I've succesfullly installed Networkmanager and nm-applet with all the
2 > plugins under Gnome / Kde-4-3 using the instructions can be found at
3 > gentoo-wiki. It is working perfectly for wired and wireless LAN but
4 > not for any VPN (this part of the applet is grey
5 >
6 > I was searching the archive and googled this thing but I cannot find a
7 > solution, so I decided to ask you :)
8 >
9 > I suppose this is some problem with the dbus registration of the
10 > plugins, but I'm not sure
11
12 Why do you suppose that? Have you looked at the logs. In my experience
13 the NetworkManager daemon spits out plenty of info by default in syslog.
14 Have a look at those. Paste those so we're not wandering around in the
15 dark.
16
17 -a