From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no video/audio from dv camcorder
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:53:32
1 I am having trouble capturing from a camcorder via firewire. I can control the
2 camera transport from each of the capturing applications (kino, cinelerra and
3 mainactor), but I get no video or audio. Nor do I get video when I try to use
4 the camera as a webcam in Ekiga (formerly known as GnomeMeeting).
5
6 I have made sure that I have read/write permissions for all the devices
7 in /dev with 1394 in their names. I have tried every variation of dv1394,
8 raw1394 etc. that I can think of in these applications' preferences. I also
9 made sure to modprobe dv1394, ieee1394, video1394, raw1394 and video1394
10 (whatever that is).
11
12 cinelerra has other, unresolved bugs to do with dv capture, so I didn't expect
13 that to work perfectly, but the other two I +have+ got to work in the past.
14
15 Apart from that, all that has changed since mainactor and kino worked has been
16 whatever has got updated through portage, and a 2.6.15 gentoo kernel with
17 reiser4 and suspend2 patches.
18
19 Where am I going wrong?
20
21 Many thanks in advance
22 Robert
23 --
24 Robert Persson
25
26 Conspiracy Bears:
27 Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list