From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from 5.14 to 6.0 version
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 17:46:13
1 > That may be true. I used to not mind rebooting as much but since I started having to use the init thingy, I only do it when really necessary. Those init thingys have left a long term bad taste in my mouth. If I could, I'd likely never reboot. Thing is, sometimes I have a power outage and just have too.
2 >
3 Kernel livepatching is a thing now... Use the LTS kernel and you might not have to reboot for a couple years.
4
5 Documentation on the wiki is a bit sparse. Please add your notes and results!
6
7 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kpatch
8 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Live_patching
9 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Elivepatch