From: Neal McConachie <McConachieNeal@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: adesklets
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:08:40
1 Mick said the following:
2 > Thank you all for your help,
3 >
4 > It seems that there is something wrong with the fonts(?) I have managed to
5 > launch weatherforecast which works fine, but calendar and volume do not. I
6 > tried testing them and this is what I get:
7 >
8 <snip>
9 > raise ADESKLETSError(4,message)
10 > adesklets.error_handler.ADESKLETSError: adesklets command error -
11 > font 'VeraBd/8' could not be loaded
12 > ==========================================
13 >
14 > Of course volume does not show up at all. How do I fix this?
17 My guess is that it can't find the particular font that the volume
18 desklet wants. I don't use that particular desklet, but chances are
19 pretty good that in the config.txt for it there will be a font setting.
20
21 You might want to try changing that to a font that you know you have, or
22 else emerging the font package that has that font.
23
24 *investigates*
25 Yep, the default config.txt for the volume applet specifies the VeraBd
26 font, with size 8.
27
28 Also, when I used the commands
29
30 $ slocate VeraBd (to see if I had that font installed)
31 and
32 $ equery -b VeraBd (to see what package it came with)
33
34 (Those two commands are available via sys-apps/slocate and
35 app-portage/gentoolkit in portage). I found that the VeraBd font comes
36 with the media-fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera package.
37
38 Good luck :)
39 -nkm
40 --