From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] SOMEWHAT OFF TOPIC -- Palm Tungsten E, and Google Calendar
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:11:49
1 > On 7/10/06, Timothy A. Holmes <tholmes@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > > I am looking to be able to sync my palm tungsten E to my google
3 > > calendar, and I am wondering if it would be possible to use
4 evolution or
5 > > other linux program to accomplish this -- I know it's a bit off
6 topic
7 > > for the list, so feel free to contact me off list if you want.
8 Could
9 > > sure use some help on this
10 > >
11 > > TIM
12 >
13 > Have not tried it but suggest you look at:
14 > http://gentoo-
15 > wiki.com/HOWTO_USB_sync_for_Palm_PDAs_with_Evolution_2.0_and_udev
16 >
17 > may also google for 'palm evolution' ;-)
18 >
19 > -Mike
20 >
21 > --
22 > ________________________________
23 > Michael E. Crute
24 > http://mike.crute.org
25 >
26 > I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended
27 > up where I intended to be. --Douglas Adams
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 [Timothy A. Holmes]
33
34 I have followed the above Wiki article, and have hit a snag.
35
36 In the article it says
37
38 Start off by attempting to get the basic information about the PDA. Run
39 pilot-xfer --port /dev/tts/USB1 --list and hit the hotsync button on the
40 PDA when prompted. It should spit out a list of information. We're not
41 terribly interested in the information, just the fact that communication
42 is possible.
43
44 Note: If it reports something like...
45
46 The device /dev/tts/USB1 does not exist..
47 Possible solution:
48
49 mknod /dev/tts/USB1 c <major> <minor>
50
51 Unable to bind to port: /dev/tts/USB1
52 Please use --help for more information
53
54 ...it means that your udev daemon is not creating the right
55 /dev/tts/USB* files. But if you run pilot-xfer AFTER pressing HotSync
56 button, the pilot-xfer does not report the problem, and USB* show up in
57 the /dev/tts dir. Try changing from USB1 to USB0, or try using
58 /dev/pilot after pressing the HotSync button.
62 I am getting that error message, and have tried resetting the path
63 repeatedly, and nothing seems to make a difference, Im not sure where to
64 go from here?
65
66 can someone please point me to a solution?
67
68 TIM
69
70 Timothy A. Holmes
71 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
72
73 Medina Christian Academy
74 A Higher Standard...
75