From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flag question (not total newbie)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 05:44:28
1 On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:36:49 AM Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > On 2016-11-29 14:48, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > Different libs, different paths. Only real downside is disk space
4 > > consumed. It's not really much different from having both gth-2 and
5 > > gtk-3, or even gtk and qt
6 >
7 > No, the downside is having 2 GUIs which work in "mostly" similar but
8 > subtly different ways, and screaming (literally, in my case) every time
9 > a new inconsistency surfaces. I get enough of that with websites :-(
10 >
11 > Of course I avoid gtk3 as well.
12
13 That will greatly reduce the amount of software. I consider these to be
14 libraries. I don't really care about it all looking fully similar. As long as
15 it does the job.
18 Joost