From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dbus static libs problem
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 03:03:59
1 alex@××××××××××××.de <alex@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > On 09/20/10 02:33, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi all. During a system update today, /usr/lib/libdbus-1.la was
5 > > deleted. However a number of packages require this file and now I
6 > > can't emerge any version of dbus with static-libs -- seems they
7 > > have hard-coded it away. What the heck is going on?
8 > >
9 > > Any assistance would be appreciated.
12 > No it's still there O.o, you already tryed a revdep-rebuild?
13 I did try to re-emerge one of the packages --brasero -- but it still
14 would not compile and portage does not indicate any libraries needing to
15 be rebuilt since I am using the 2.2 series.
19 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
20 How do
21 you spend it?
22
23 John Covici