From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Opera and cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-r2
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:24:42
1 Hi All,
2
3 A couple of days ago I updated cyrus-sasl to 2.1.21-r2 and got this
4 message in the ebuild:
5 ===========================
6 You have both "gdbm" and "berkdb" in your USE flags.
7 Will default to GNU DB as your SASLdb database backend.
8 If you want to build with Berkeley DB support; hit Control-C now.
9 Change your USE flag -gdbm and emerge again.
10
11 It would be best practice to add the set of USE flags that you use for this
12 package to the file: /etc/portage/package.use. Example:
13 `echo "dev-libs/cyrus-sasl -gdbm berkdb" >> /etc/portage/package.use`
14 to build cyrus-sasl with Berkeley database as your SASLdb backend.
15
16 Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
17 (Control-C to abort)...
18 ===========================
19
20 Anyway, Opera seems to play up ever since. I cannot connect to a
21 mailserver using TLS to authenticate (the certificate never pops up
22 for me to accept) and I cannot print using cups over http. I rebuilt
23 both packages and also tried USE=-gdbm berkdb, but no success so far.
24
25 Am I barking up the wrong tree? Has anyone else had such problems?
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list