From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kwin-4.1 sometimes leaves konsole undecorated
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:46:23
1 Hi all,
2
3 Maybe someone here has seen this before:
4
5 amd64
6 2.6.26-gentoo
7 KDE-4.1
8 nVidia 8600M GT
9 nvidia-drivers-177.13 (latest unstable)
10 nvidia OpenGL
11 xorg-server-1.4.99.906
12
13 Yes, it's bleeding-edge :-) This is in an effort to get some
14 performance out
15 of what should be a very decent video card. It also eats
16 babies, or more often
17 the window decorations on konsole.
18
19 About once a day I find my konsole is no longer decorated, and
20 I can't get
21 kwin to put them back. I could close and open konsole but
22 that's a hassle and
23 involves re-doing the umpteen sessions I always have open. I
24 tried "kwin --
25 replace" but that crashes KDE and/or X (not sure which)
26
27 Is there an easy way to get kwin-4.1 to redecorate a single
28 open window?
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com