From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Cc: lembark@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apparently 2.4 is not >= 2.2?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 06:04:00
1 On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 at 01:28, Steven Lembark <lembark@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Before I spend a lot of time backtracking all of this...
4 >
5 > Q: Are either of these issues well-known pathologies of emerge?
6
7 Python target troubles are indeed common around major python version
8 upgrades, which we've had quite a few of lately.
9
10 In your case, I would try running a depclean, dev-python/pytest-runner
11 does not seem to be in the tree at all, so complaining about not
12 finding a newer version satisfying the wanted python targets makes
13 sense there. Removing outdated packages is almost always helpful in
14 these instances.
15
16 Regards,
17 Arve